Are you interested in hosting a Penny Drive in order to raise funds for the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship?
There are countlsess ideas out there but here are some fun ones:
- Penny War: Separate by grade and create a point system for money raised. Pennies and bills add points, where nickels, dimes, quarters subtract points. The winning grade gets an incentive.
- May the Pies be forever in your favor: This can be done with teachers, or admins. Students donate money to the person they would like to see get pied in the face. This can be done on the morning video announcements, if your campus has them, or as an assembly, or any other way you choose.
- Dunk your Teacher: This is perfect for those who host any festival/event where a dunking booth can be brought in. Students donate money to the teacher/person they would like to see get dunked.
- Slime the Principals: Separate by grades, or classes, and the winning team gets to slime the principals. Can also be silly string, color powder, etc.
- Have a penny drive idea you want to share!? Please send us an email at nisdptajcjscholarship.com
A Letter from our Chairperson:
We are announcing the start of the Jack C. Jordan Penny Drive this month. The NISD Council of PTAs awards scholarships each year to outstanding graduating seniors from each NISD high school through a designated fund, the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship Fund. Every year Council PTA sponsors a fundraiser to support the scholarship fund, and for many years that has been by local PTAs conducting penny drives. All donations go directly to the payment of scholarships.
Your PTA may conduct a drive at any time during the school year and in any manner best suited to your population. PTAs collect pennies, as well as other coins and currency, to help fund the college scholarships for NISD seniors. PTAs may also make a direct donation in lieu of a penny drive. The scholarship fund relies largely on donations from the local PTAs, so support from each PTA is key to the success of the fund.
Last year with 52% of the PTAs participating, you contributed a little over $19,100, which is awesome! Just think what participation by every local PTA would mean to a graduating senior from one of our 16 high schools, soon to be 17, that will receive a scholarship. In order to continue to fund the scholarship, we need to raise $20,000 each year. We are encouraging all 111 PTAs to donate a minimum of $200.00.
If your PTA has not participated in the past and is looking for a simple way to get started donating, consider designating a portion of your regular fundraising profit as your donation. Or try a simple “Spare Change” drive for a day or two. Have students bring or ask their parents for spare change when they leave the house or at drop-off. Have buckets available in the student waiting areas for them to leave their donation.
Click here for instructions on how and where to deposit your donations and information on Jack C. Jordan and his dedicated service to Northside.
On behalf of the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship Committee, I thank you for your support and for helping the students of Northside ISD realize their dreams of going to college. Please contact me if you have questions.
Jack C. Jordan Scholarship Committee