Are you interested in hosting a Penny Drive in order to raise funds for the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship?
There are countlsess ideas out there but here are some fun ones:
- Penny War: Separate by grade and create a point system for money raised. Pennies and bills add points, where nickels, dimes, quarters subtract points. The winning grade gets an incentive.
- May the Pies be forever in your favor: This can be done with teachers, or admins. Students donate money to the person they would like to see get pied in the face. This can be done on the morning video announcements, if your campus has them, or as an assembly, or any other way you choose.
- Dunk your Teacher: This is perfect for those who host any festival/event where a dunking booth can be brought in. Students donate money to the teacher/person they would like to see get dunked.
- Slime the Principals: Separate by grades, or classes, and the winning team gets to slime the principals. Can also be silly string, color powder, etc.
- Have a penny drive idea you want to share!? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Letter from our Committee Chair:
The Northside ISD Council of PTAs awards scholarships yearly to an outstanding graduating senior from each NISD HIGH SCHOOL PTSA through
the Jack C.Jordan Scholarship Fund. Every year, Northside ISD Council of PTAs collects donations in support of the scholarship fund, and for many
years local PTAs have conducted penny drives to build their donations. All donations received go directly to the scholars of the Jack C. Jordan
PTAs may conduct a penny drive at any time during the school year and in any manner best suited to your campus. Pennies, as well as other coins and currency, are collected to help fund their donation. Penny drives also count as a program and can be included in your campuses yearly program list. Having a Spirit Night at a restaurant has also become a popular way of raising funds for donating to the scholarship. PTAs may also make a direct donation in lieu of a penny drive or other event. The scholarship fund relies on donations from the local PTAs, so support from each PTA is key to the success of the fund.
Last year, 64% of NISD PTAs participated, and contributions totaled just over$18,700! Thank you! In order to continue to fund our scholarship, we
have set a target goal of $20,000 each year. We encourage all PTAs to help us reach our goal. If your PTA has not donated in the past and is looking for a simple way to get started, consider designating a portion of your planned fundraising profit as your donation. Try having a “Spare Change” drive for a day or two. Have students bring or ask their parents for spare change when they leave the house or at student drop-off. Make sure to have collection buckets available in the student waiting areas for them to leave their donation.