For assistance needed with programs, please contact your NISD PTA Council 3rd VP Jordan Wagner at email@example.com
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF PTA PROGRAM’S?
What do we raise money for? To engage and help our students, families, and community through programs! Programs create opportunities for interaction between teachers, administrators, parents, students, and community members. Programs are events planned to build community, provide information, celebrate student success and inspire action.
As a program chair it is your responsibility to create 3 programs per 1 fundraiser. That is the minimum. Don’t let that number limit you! Check out our suggestions for programs down below.
Programs should include the 5 I’s
- Inform – to provide information
- Instruct – to teach how to do something
- Interest – to peak interest in further study
- Inspire – to motivate and gain further information or to act
- Involve – to bring the school together to understand the need for action
PROGRAM IDEAS AND RESOURCES
Examples of Programs
- Health Fair
- National Night Out
- Nutrition Night
- Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) program
- Invite guest speakers to the school
- School-wide garage sale
- Participate in community service projects
- Child Safety Initiatives
- Host an educational movie night
- Host an internet safety panel
- Food bank donations
- Create a peer tutoring program
- Conduct a toy drive
- Write letters to service members serving overseas
- Literacy Programs
- STEM Nights
- Book Exchange
- Invite an author to visit your school
- Cultural history assembly
- Multicultural Fair
- Host Bullying Awareness Assembly
- Mental Health Awareness
- Child Abuse Prevention Assembly
- Abduction Prevention Program
- Underage Drinking Prevention
- Organize a community clean-up
- Bike Rodeo
- Earth Day Birthday Party
National PTA Programs
PTA’s signature school recognition program is dedicated to strengthening family-school partnerships.
For 50+ years, Reflections has sparked student participation in the arts. Celebrate arts education and student achievement by hosting exhibitions and celebration events for the whole school community.
Spark, inspire and engage students and families with hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math experiences hosted by your PTA.
Healthy kids make better students, so help your PTA families thrive. Use our tips and tools to improve school meals, create a positive school climate and offer fun physical activities.
Let’s keep our kids safe, kind and secure online! Connect parents to the tools and research they need to explore solutions to today’s biggest online concerns.