For assistance needed with programs, please reach out to Vice President of Programs KaTasha Green by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM?
PTA gains strength through effective programs, promoting growth as an organization and as individuals. Programs create opportunities for interaction between teachers, administrators, parents, students, and community members. Programs are events planned to build community, provide information, celebrate student success and inspire action.
PTA programs should include fellowship as well as fun!
- Inform – to provide information
- Instruct – to teach how to do something
- Interest – to peak interest in further study
- Inspire – to motivate and gain further information or to act
- Involve – to bring the school together to understand the need for action
All programs should also be entertaining and enjoyable!
Examples of Programs
- Health Fair
- National Night Out
- Nutrition Night
- Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) program
- Invite guest speakers to the school
- School-wide garage sale
- Participate in community service projects
- Child Safety Initiatives
- Host an educational movie night
- Host an internet safety panel
- Food bank donations
- Create a peer tutoring program
- Conduct a toy drive
- Write letters to service members serving overseas
- Literacy Programs
- STEM Nights
- Book Exchange
- Invite an author to visit your school
- Cultural history assembly
- Multicultural Fair
- Host Bullying Awareness Assembly
- Mental Health Awareness
- Child Abuse Prevention Assembly
- Abduction Prevention Program
- Underage Drinking Prevention
- Organize a community clean-up
- Bike Rodeo
- Earth Day Birthday Party
National PTA Programs
PTA’s signature school recognition program is dedicated to strengthening family-school partnerships.
For 50+ years, Reflections has sparked student participation in the arts. Celebrate arts education and student achievement by hosting exhibitions and celebration events for the whole school community.
Spark, inspire and engage students and families with hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math experiences hosted by your PTA.
Healthy kids make better students, so help your PTA families thrive. Use our tips and tools to improve school meals, create a positive school climate and offer fun physical activities.
Let’s keep our kids safe, kind and secure online! Connect parents to the tools and research they need to explore solutions to today’s biggest online concerns.