Hello Arts in Education Chairs!
- Set a date for your local PTA Reflections Contest deadline.
- Leave time for your judging and recognition events as well as preparing your top 20% to be delivered to Council PTA by December 7. You will not get this artwork back until the March or April Council Meetings (or June+ if they get promoted to the state competition).
- Put up posters and distribute flyers
- Decide on and order some prizes, ribbons, or other recognition for artists.
- Schedule and prepare for an awards event or display to recognize the artistic contributions of your students. Remember to CELEBRATE ALL artistic creations even the ones that don’t win a prize.
- Find some judges for your contest. These can be teachers, community members, or anyone who understands about art.
- Click here for a Local PTA Reflection Checklist.
- Check that your Local PTA is in good standing and has completed their tax forms, submitted membership for at least 20 members, updated Bylaws and Standing Rules. PTAs not in good standing with Texas PTA are not able to participate in Reflections.
Important Calendar Dates
- The date you need to submit continuing entries to Council. We will be available for drop-off from 10am-6pm. We hope that the extended hours will make it easier for those who are full-time employees, but you can send anyone you trust to drop off your student’s artwork. **You will only send on your campus’s top 20% of entries in each category–just the Awards of Excellence** Please recognize the creative contributions of all artists at your campus.
- The Council Awards Ceremony. Artwork that receives an award of Honorable Mention, Award of Merit, or Award of Excellence from the Council level of judging will be recognized at this awards ceremony. Participation ribbons will be available for pick-up at the Council Meetings along with your artwork.
Contact Council Arts in Education
Email NISD.PTA.email@example.com at any time with questions or for resources.
Join our Facebook Reflections Group: NISD PTA Reflections and Arts in Education
Join our Remind: @nisdptaart
Check out our Council Google Drive! Lots of forms and posters, sample plans of work, etc. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i9Q7Q_T7JrjIP-kg11Ou4oKO8EehO6M1