The Northside Council of PTAs awards a scholarship to deserving seniors from each of the Northside ISD High Schools.
Scholarships are based on more than grades. They also take into account financial need, community service and extra-curricular activities. As NISD has grown over the years we have continued to open new schools, including high schools. Due to this increase the need for your support of the Penny Drive is even more important.
Back your community by investing in our students!
Are you a Northside ISD Senior and interested in applying for the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship?
NISD Council of PTAs High School Senior Scholarship Guidelines 2020-2021
NISD Council of PTAs offers one $500 scholarship to one high school senior from each Northside ISD high school who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following applicant’s high school graduation.
Through our scholarship program, Council PTA works to support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education. In evaluating each application, the Scholarship committee will also consider service and participation in school activities, community involvement and scholastic merit.
The Jack C. Jordan Scholarship Application will be opening in September 2020! Link to the application will be posted on the NISD Council website, as well as our social media platforms.
Applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a school in NISD.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a high school with a Local PTSA and be a current member of that same PTSA.
- If applying from Excel Academy, student may submit a PTA membership from any NISD PTA.
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college of university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- A completed electronic application must be received by November 20, 2020 to be eligible for consideration.
Application will be posted here September 2020!
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
All documents should be submitted PDF format. In order to qualify, the applicant must complete the following:
- A resume listing school activities, community involvement, special recognitions and awards the applicant received in high school. Also, list any work experience during high school.
- An essay, 500 word minimum, that includes the following points all of which will be scored separately
- (Essay is worth a maximum of 60 points)
- (Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1.5 spacing, 1-inch margins)
- Future goals relating to education and/or career
- How PTA has impacted applicant’s education
- How parent involvement has impacted applicant’s education
- A copy of your PTSA membership card or letter from PTSA president
SELECTION AND DISBURSEMENT
Selection is made by the Scholarship committee of the NISD Council of PTAs. Results will be published on the Council website in January 2021. Recipients will be notified by U.S.mail with further instruction for submitting documentation for disbursement of funds. Requested documentation must be submitted to the NISD Counselor’s office by October 29, 2021. All disbursement checks will be paid directly to the educational institution. Failure to meet the October 31st deadline will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
All entries submitted to NISD Council of PTAS become the property of PTA.
Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.