Jack C Jordan Scholarship
The “Northside Council of PTAs awards a scholarship to a deserving senior from each of the Northside ISD High School PTSA”.
Scholarships are based on more than grades. The scholarship committee also takes into account the applicant’s community service, extra-curricular activities, and an applicant essay. As NISD has grown over the years we have continued to open new schools, including high schools. Due to this increase, the need for your support of the JCJ Scholarship is even more important.
“Back your community by investing in our students! Donate to the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship today!”
Are you a Northside ISD Senior and interested in applying for the Jack C. Jordan Scholarship?
NISD Council of PTAs High School Senior Scholarship Guidelines 2023-2024
NISD Council of PTAs offers one $750 scholarship to one high school senior from each Northside ISD High School PTSA who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following applicant’s high school graduation.
Through our scholarship program, Council PTA works to support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education. In evaluating each application, the Scholarship committee will also consider service and participation in school activities, community involvement and scholastic merit.
THE APPLICATION MUST BE VIEWED AND SUBMITTED USING A
NON-NORTHSIDE DEVICE AND EMAIL ADDRESS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a school in NISD.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a high school with a Local PTSA and be a current member of that same PTSA.
- If applying from Chavez Excel Academy, the applicant may submit a PTA membership from any NISD PTA.
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college of university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- A completed electronic application must be received by November 9, 2022 to be eligible for consideration.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Scholarship Application: Application has closed for the 2023-2024 school year
All documents should be submitted PDF format. In order to qualify, the applicant must complete the following:
- A resume listing school activities, community involvement, special recognitions and awards the applicant received in high school. Also, list any work experience during high school.
- An essay, 500 word minimum, that includes the following points all of which will be scored separately.
- Essay is worth a maximum of 60 points
- Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1.5 spacing, 1-inch margins
- Future goals relating to education and/or career
- How PTA has impacted applicant’s education
- How parent involvement has impacted applicant’s education
- A copy of your PTSA member card or letter from the PTSA president.
SELECTION AND DISBURSEMENT
Selection is made by the JCJ Scholarship Committee of the NISD Council of PTAs. Results will be published on the Northside ISD Council of PTAs website, nisdpta.org, and on their Facebook page in December 2022. Recipients will be notified by email with further instruction for submitting documentation for disbursement of funds. Requested documentation must be submitted to the
NISD Counselor’s office by January 31, 2024. All disbursement checks will be paid directly to the educational institution. Failure to meet the January 31st deadline will result in forfeiture of the scholarship. All entries submitted to NISD Council of PTAS become the property of PTA.
Decisions of the JCJ Scholarship Committee are FINAL.