Northside ISD Council of PTAs launched a community service project called the Title I Project. The goal of this project is to help the Title I schools within our district by adopting them in some form.
The Title I project can be counted as one of the required programs for the Fundraising 3 to 1 ratio suggested from Texas PTA.
How your local unit can get involved.
- Contact our Council Vice President of Programs, Jordan Wagner, to adopt a school or schools. (You can choose more than one school and spread the community service.
- Discuss with the adopted school(s) what their needs are and select dates for a donation drive on your campus. Your local unit can do more than one type of drive throughout the year.
- Send home flyers explaining the project to your local campus. Be sure to include the type of items requested, due date, and any other pertinent information.
- Have a secure place to store the items until you can arrange a delivery date with your adopted school(s).
- The receiving school will distribute the donated items through their local counselors/administrators.
Examples of donation drives are food, backpacks, school supplies, warm clothes, shoes, and/or books for children to read at home.
No matter what type of donation drive it is, we know it will make a difference in the life of a child!
- Adams Hill
- Carlos Coon
- Colonies North
- Leon Valley
- Mary Hull
- Meadow Village
- Northwest Crossing
- Oak Hills Terrace
- Valley Hi
- Westwood Terrace
- John Jay