Council Dues for the 2022 – 2023 school year are now due. Checks should be made payable to NISD Council of PTA’s.
This year there are two ways to pay dues, either by check or ACH payment. Due to the inconsistency of mailing dues to our PO Box, we are asking PTAs to only turn in checks during a council event or schedule pick up day/time with the Treasurer. Please complete this form to submit your invoice request.
- 2022 Texas PTA Treasurer Resource Guide
- 2022 Texas PTA Treasurer Quick Start Guide
- 2022 Texas PTA Treasurer Quick Start Guide Spanish
- Northside Council of PTAs Treasurer Beginning of the year checklist
- E-Commerce Policy
- 10 Things You Should Know About Insurance
- Field Trips. What you should know
- Sample Plan of Work
- Blank Plan of Work
- Sample Budget
- Sample Financial Report
- Donation to School District Sample Agreement: attached
- Sample Acknowledgement Letter/Donation Receipt
- Sample Funds Request
- Sample Deposit Form
- Financial Reconciliation Report & Checklist
- Statement Review by Non-Signer Form
- Statement Review by Non-Signer Form (Espanol)
- 990-N Filing Guide
- How to File a 990-N Video
Texas Comptroller Resources/Forms
- Texas Comptroller Sales Tax Web File
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Exempt Certification
- Sales and Use Tax – Texas Comptroller Site
- PTA Sales Tax Information
Units, who hold a sales certificate, need to check their documentation or contact the State Comptrollers office to determine if they need file quarterly or annually. Note: even if you do not sell anything during that period, a unit still needs to file with the State Comptrollers Office.
IRS website for 990 information
Units are required to annually file a version of the 990 IRS Form no later than 60 days after the end of their fiscal year to be considered in good standing with Texas PTA.
The following can used to determine which version of the 990 form to file (based on a 3 year average).
- 990N – Gross receipts equal $50,000 or less
- 990EZ – Gross receipts are over $50,000 but less than $200,000 (need to be sure to also complete Schedule A and Supplementary Schedule O).
- 990 – Gross receipts are over $200,000
Units that require filing the full 990 form should consider hiring a Certified Public Account to help them through the tax filing process.
Additional Resources can be found on Texas PTA Website. https://www.txpta.org/treasurer
*Security of Funds forms are available through your school’s administrator. Please contact them for more information.