Texas Comptroller Resources/Forms
- Texas Comptroller Sales Tax Web File
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Exempt Certification
- Sales and Use Tax – Texas Comptroller Site
Units, who hold a sales certificate, need to check their documentation or contact the State Comptrollers office to determine if they need file quarterly or annually. Note: even if you do not sell anything during that period, a unit still needs to file with the State Comptrollers Office.
Units are required to annually file a version of the 990 IRS Form no later than 60 days after the end of their fiscal year to be considered in good standing with Texas PTA.
The following can used to determine which version of the 990 form to file (based on a 3 year average).
- 990N – Gross receipts equal $50,000 or less
- 990EZ – Gross receipts are over $50,000 but less than $200,000 (need to be sure to also complete Schedule A and Supplementary Schedule O).
- 990 – Gross receipts are over $200,000
Units that require filing the full 990 form should consider hiring a Certified Public Account to help them through the tax filing process.
Additional Resources can be found on Texas PTA Website. https://www.txpta.org/treasurer
*Security of Funds forms are available through your school’s administrator. Please contact them for more information.